Computers, Software, and Peripherals
In cooperation with Technical Support Services and Apple and Dell Computers, the University Bookstore offers special pricing with accident protection for Dell hardware and software you will need to use while at Appalachian. You must be a registered student at Appalachian to take advantage of the special pricing. Appalachian faculty and staff are also eligible for the educational discount.
Apple Inc does not offer Accident Protection; check with Safeware.com/appstate or your home insurance company for a personal policy for a computer.
Computer Purchasing 101
- For computer purchases Cashiers Check, US Postal Money Orders, Visa, Mastercard, Appalachian Express Account and cash are acceptable forms of payment. Out of state checks will not be accepted. In state checks must clear the bank before product is shipped from the store.
- Returns on computer products will be charged a 15% (fifteen percent) restocking fee.
- Our computer packages include 3 year warranties, the recommended campus software: Microsoft Office Professional 2010 for Windows XP and above, Microsoft Office 2011 for OS X for the Macintosh, as well as a security cable as needed for laptops.
- Please note that delivery for laptop computers can take two to four (2-4) weeks. Your Computer orders are welcome at anytime.
- If you are an incoming Freshman, you want to place an order at least two (2) weeks before your Orientation Date or 2 weeks before move in day, August 22 which would be about August 1 for back to school pick up.
TSS provides on-campus support for students, faculty and staff.
219 College Street
PO Box 32028
Boone, NC 28608
Tel (828) 262-3070
Fax (828) 262-2614
Questions or Comments?
Please contact us.