Computers, Software, and Peripherals
To order computers please call the bookstore as soon as possible at 828-262-3070
The Computer Shop at the University Bookstore provides you with the computer hardware and software to meet your computing needs during your academic career at Appalachian.
In cooperation with IT Support Services and Apple and Dell Computers, the University Bookstore offers special pricing with accident protection for Dell hardware and software you will need to use while at Appalachian. You must be a registered student at Appalachian to take advantage of the special pricing. Appalachian faculty and staff are also eligible for the educational discount.
Apple Inc does not offer Accident Protection; check with Safeware.com/appstate or your home insurance company for a personal policy for a computer.
Computer Purchasing 101
- For computer purchases Cashiers Check, US Postal Money Orders, Visa, Mastercard, Appalachian Express Account and cash are acceptable forms of payment. Out of state checks will not be accepted. In state checks must clear the bank before product is shipped from the store.
- Returns on computer products will be charged a 15% (fifteen percent) restocking fee.
- Our computer packages include 3 year warranties, the recommended campus software: Microsoft Office Professional 2010 for Windows XP and above, Microsoft Office 2011 for OS X for the Macintosh, as well as a security cable as needed for laptops.
- Please note that delivery for laptop computers can take two to four (2-4) weeks. Your Computer orders are welcome at anytime.
- Incoming freshmen need to place orders two weeks prior to the start of classes to ensure that the computer will be available when arriving on campus.