Computers, Software, and Peripherals
To order computers please call 828-262-3070 EXTENSION 35
Take advantage of a special Apple Offer-
Get an additional $50.00 off when you buy a new MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13"
or new MacBook Pro Retina 13" or 15".
This offer is good from May 24 to June 27, 2015.
All other Apple models are not eligible for the discount
The Computer Shop at the University Bookstore provides you with the computer hardware and software to meet your computing needs during your academic career at Appalachian.
In cooperation with IT Support Services and Apple and Dell Computers, the University Bookstore offers special pricing with accident protection for Dell hardware and software you will need to use while at Appalachian. You must be a registered student at Appalachian to take advantage of the special pricing. Appalachian faculty and staff are also eligible for the educational discount.
SAFEWARE INSURANCE PROTECTION
We now offer a SafeWare Insurance Plan to cover accidental damage to Apple computers. Apple Inc does not offer Accident Protection. The SafeWare Insurance Plan is as follows:
|1736545||SAFEWARE PROTECTION - COMPUTER/TABLET REPAIR - $0-$1000 - 2 YEARS||100.00|
|1773360||SAFEWARE PROTECTION - COMPUTER/TABLET REPAIR - $0-$1000.00 - 4 YEARS||219.00|
|1736554||SAFEWARE PROTECTION - NOTEBOOKS/TABLET REPAIR - $0-$2000 - 4 YEAR||289.00|
|1773379||SAFEWARE PROTECTION - COMPUTER/TABLET REPAIR- $2000-$4000 - 4 YEARS||369.00|
FAQs SafeWare Campus Store Protection Plan Program
How do students register the cards?
The students simply turn their cards over to find registration instructions. After revealing their registration number on the bottom of the card, they will go to www.safeware.com/college and fill in the necessary information.
What is the limit of liability?
The limit of liability is equal to the retail price of the product.
Is there any deductible associated with the Safeware Protection Plan? No. Your customer will not experience any additional “out of pocket” expenses except if you use the new 6 months of Theft Coverage.
What does the student do in order to get their computer repaired?
Your campus Repair Center can help diagnose what the problem is and notify the student of the problem. The student will then contact Safeware via our toll free number. Safeware agents will process the service request and either find a local service facility for them or send a box for the student to ship their broken computer to one of our service center depots.
What happens if the student needs to have their computer repaired while they are not at school, e.g., summer breaks, fall breaks, or holidays?
Regardless of where the student is located, they should call Safeware and our agents will process the service request. Safeware will either find a local service facility for them or send a box for the student to ship their broken computer to one of our service center depots.
Can a student buy a Plan after they’ve already purchased a computer?
Yes. A student can purchase a Safeware Plan after they buy a computer within it’s one year warranty. They have to first bring their computer to the store to confirm the date of purchase and that it is in good working condition. The Start Date of the Safeware Plan goes back to the date the computer was purchased.
Is the coverage transferable?
Yes. When selling their computer, the student just calls Safeware at our 800 number to transfer coverage.
New Feature for 2015 – Safeware now has the First 6 Months with Theft Coverage
A True Differentiator
Need to knows about Theft Coverage: (This coverage can be extended for a full year. Call Safeware for quotes.)
• There is a $100 deductible for the theft coverage only. This is usually cheaper than homeowners insurance and less expensive than buying a new device!
• You the customer will need a copy of the police report.
• The Safeware card must be registered within 30 days of purchasing the device to receive the 6 months of theft coverage.
Computer Purchasing 101
- For computer purchases Cashiers Check, US Postal Money Orders, Visa, Mastercard, Appalachian Express Account and cash are acceptable forms of payment. Out of state checks will not be accepted. In state checks must clear the bank before product is shipped from the store.
- Returns on computer products will be charged a 15% (fifteen percent) restocking fee.
- Our computer packages include 3 year warranties, the recommended campus software: Microsoft Office Professional 2010 for Windows XP and above, Microsoft Office 2011 for OS X for the Macintosh, as well as a security cable as needed for laptops.
- Please note that delivery for laptop computers can take two to four (2-4) weeks. Your Computer orders are welcome at anytime.
- Incoming freshmen need to place orders two weeks prior to the start of classes to ensure that the computer will be available when arriving on campus.